Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Demise of Decoulatage

I am so happy with the new fashions coming out. They don’t show cleavage! I noticed it at church on Sunday – on their way back from Communion, none of the old folks forced me to look at their wrinkly, saggy boobs.

Then today while I was waiting at the permit office (I was picking up a solar permit in case you’re curious), they had an InStyle magazine and it had pictures of women in scarves and high-necked t-shirts – even Victorian lace all the way up to their chins. It was all I could do to keep from shouting, “HALLELUIA” right there in the Land Use and Planning waiting area.

I wrote a blog around this time last year about going to a party and having to see all the “hip” moms revealing their cleavage – and at their age that ended up being about six inches lower on their chests than it was before they became moms.

When there’s cleavage staring at you, your eyes don’t want to look, you beg them not to look, you turn you head away and talk to the woman out of the side of your face to avoid looking, but it’s just like someone saying, “don’t look now, but….” What do you do immediately? You look.

And then you regret it, because older cleavage is over-suntanned and thus splotchy and rough looking. This is due to the fact that older “hip” women worship the sun, possibly because in their minds they think a tan makes them look athletic and wealthy, when in reality they look old and weathered.

Young cleavage is just as disturbing, but for other reasons, mainly because these young girls do not need to be enticing boys or men in any way. The guys are lusting after them already and imagining what they could do with those bodies if they just had half the chance. Revealing huge portions of the objects of their lust just makes things worse. It’s a mother’s nightmare, I can tell you that.

What’s funny is that I listen to Blue Collar Radio (the one set up by Jeff Foxworthy and his blue collar cronies), and many of the male comedians actually make fun of cleavage. They talk about old cleavage as if it could singe their eyeballs. They tell parents not to let their daughters leave the house like that. If these guys are making fun of seeing women’s boobs, then who are the women showing them off to?

So if other women don’t want to see cleavage – not any women I know – and men are making jokes about it, you gotta wonder how this fashion fad came about.

Me personally, I don’t give a flying rip who came up with it, I’m just ecstatic it’s on its way out. Not that I’m thrilled about Victorian foo-foo lace scratching my throat – I’m not going to wear it. Talk about the pendulum swinging in the total opposite direction. I am keeping my fingers crossed that cleavage will soon be gone for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment